Simple moments of beauty.


It's the simple moments of beauty. The sunsets. The stillness at twilight. It's sitting in the midst of this beauty and having a moment with God. These are the moments where I like to bring my broken hearts and simply give it to God. As I was reading old journal entry's of a couple months ago. I realized I had these moments where my faith was strong and God moved. Then I had moments where in my weakness and unworthiness God blessed me. He showed me He was faithful. Yet I seemed to let the broken hearts, the anger, the falls, And the bad days get the best of me. I seemed to forget all that the good shepherd provides. Why are we humans quick to let the joyous moments and the times of defeat effect us equally? These past couple of months have been hard. There have been moments of refinery and moments of blessing. I realized when we try to follow God but always look at how unworthy we are, we can never accomplish anything. We or I in this matter am so focused on the negative. I realize how unworthy I am. A couple weeks ago God blessed me beyond words. I was feeling unworthy and trying my best. My parents surprised me and took me to a concert. That night every little thing from getting there to the key words to in the songs blessed me. I knew that God was working in my heart and was moving. I realized its in those big moments of blessing where we can remember to thank God. Remember to live out life with gratitude. Living life in gratitude opens heart to Him. It's not letting the times of defeat effect us but letting Jesus write his beautiful story in our lives. 





Comments

Popular Posts