When "No" is Enough

 I believe the season of silence between us and God is a real struggle for most christians yet  not frequently talked about. In fact it is hard to be honest about these seasons in life. This summer has been slow and filled with business. I have found my heart longing for a word or vision from God. There have been many "maybes" and "what if's" in the last few months.  Many prayers and desires I held, hoping that God would provide. I would come to the feet of God wanting to hear the right answer and leave unsure. Sometimes the door clearly opens up or closes, but sometimes I'm left waiting. There was a specific instance this summer where I was waiting on an answer from God. Finally, after praying and praying all I got was "no." In the midst of discouragement and trying to justify the circumstance, I realized this answer of "no" is still God speaking. God was being faithful to me by revealing his plan. I think sometimes in life there are moments where all we get is just one word from God. Are we able to take that word and trust that God will continue to provide? Can we take these no's and rejoice that He is speaking into our lives? I am learning that the closed door ahead can be turned into a victory of Gods faithfulness. In Lydia Terkeurst's book Uninvited, she talks about closed doors as God protecting us. Ultimately, God knows exactly what we need and that closed door means, it was not what we needed. There was leadership opportunity I applied for at school. Unfortunately, I did not get into to the position. For the first few hours I was sad, but I knew God's plan was bigger. The growth I have experienced (not to mentioned that amazing opportunities that have opened up because of that closed door) was all apart Gods plan. He ultimately, knew what would grow me yet protect me the most. My challenge to you is the next time God says "no" or closes a door. Can we be the people who trust in his ultimate plan. No matter how confusing or heart breaking it can seem in the moment, God is protecting us and guiding us on His path. Can God's "no" be enough for now?

"You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways."

Psalm 139: 1-3. 

Comments

Popular Posts