Love without expectations

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast..It is not proud..It is not self-seeking." 1Corinthians 13:4.
When was the last time we loved? Not because we had to or because they were are friend and had done something nice to us. When was the last time we loved because we could. I find myself getting caught up in trying to serve God but failing. Love is powerful. When we feel loved we are confident, joyful, we feel ready to concur the day, and sometimes we feel closer to God. When we love others without expectations we are making someones day even greater. Lately, I find myself serving God only to expect the benefits which for me is joy. When I'm joyful I find myself enjoying life a little bit more and serving God a little bit more. When was the last time we gave the gift of love not because we can look good or its another check on our checklist. But because we cared.  As we go out tomorrow and begin are day all over again lets ask ourselves "How can I love someone with expectations?" Even when life is going swell let us continue to ask ourselves this question.

Comments

Popular Posts