Terrified

Seasons change, school starts, and farewells are said to family and friends. If your like me the flow of your schedule might start to slowly fill up as  mid-august comes upon us. It is so easy to run around daily filled with worry and distractions. May heart starts at home base with God and then quickly runs off with my thoughts filled with the "what if's" and the "oh no's" that the day will hold. This routine of the heart only leads to us trying to carry our burdens. My mind spirals with anxieties and fears making me feel so alone and separated from God. When will we realize fear is  a way of rejecting Gods comfort and healing in our lives? I am currently reading Uninvited by Lyse Terkeurst, a book that I am sure many of you have read as well. In the book Terkeurst, defines the word terrified coming from the root word tarasso. Meaning, "to set in motion what needs to remain still." I was blown away by this definition, for so long I let my anxieties and fears set in motion thoughts that weren't glorifying to God. Thoughts that freaked me out, made me believe I was not a christian. Our fear puts into motion the thoughts we fear most. It is in the moments where I put to rest those thoughts and just be I can experience Gods peace. Realize again and again there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1).

Comments

Popular Posts