Seasons of Preparation


I found an old post I wrote in draft and was planning on publishing but never did. As I read it I realized last summer I was going through the same struggles as this summer. To be real honest I am learning to be faithful in seasons when nothing is happening. I was recently reminded that "normal" days are the foundational days.  It is in those moments we develop routine and faithfulness. I have been learning to be faithful in the little things. It is in the little moments that God does something big.
Joseph would not have at the position he had if he was not faithful along the way. He showed character through his commitment as a slave and in prison. He could not have gotten to the highest ranking man in Egypt without God. However, he also was diligent in the small jobs which was preparation for the future. If you are in a slow season that feels meaningless, you are in preparation.

1. Prepare: Use this time to spend time with Jesus, to let him become your friend. Enjoy each slow moment, because life will pick up again.
2. Be grateful: Jesus has cleared space for you to just be. I guarantee these slow seasons become a little more enjoyable when we are thankful.
3. It sounds cliche but this season is a gift. It may be hard and barely tolerable. However, these are the bridges to healing and intimacy with God.
4. An intentional heart: At the end of the day we must choose to grow in this season and God cannot choose that for us. However, this choice does not always come through discipline. It is important that our hearts are set on being intentional with God and others. It is through this mindset that we can learn and grow in this season. To sum it all up: We come with our hearts saying yes to Jesus and He does the rest.

Comments

Popular Posts