A Giving Heart

"For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have." 2 Corinthians 8:12. 

Every Christmas it seems like we are told to give. Whether were giving of our time, resources, or financially.This season is the season of giving. As I get older its been cool to see the little ways that I can give. Every year my family and I volunteer to ring the bell for the Salvation Army. Every year I've gone I never really knew how I was serving besides giving up my time to watch people give money. 
  This year God opened my eyes to see the beauty of giving. As people would put lose change in the kettle despite what they looked like or what backround they came from they were giving. Little kids would beg their parents to give so they could get a candy cane.  Not matter if there was an incentive their willingness to give was there. My job as a bell ringer is to smile and say 'Merry Christmas'. To acknowledge that they gave and to rejoice with them and with God. Not matter if they are saved or not God rejoices when His children are willing to give. He takes great delight in it. 

It reminds me of the widow that gave all they she had to God. It wasn't very much but Jesus delighted that she was willing to give in the midst of being poor. 
God reminded me of the wise men. Men who probably weren't Christ followers. Who traveled so they could give this King a gift. Though there reasons may of been not Christ oriented. Their willingness to give was there. God delighted in that. What they didn't know is that they honored the most important King. It was all because they were willing to give. To give of their time by following the star and give of their resources to honor Jesus. As we continue to give this Christmas. You don't have to give a huge amount of money or spend your whole break volunteering. God takes great delight in the simple and small ways you give this season. God does not care about the amount you give, but what you have to give and what he has put in your heart to give. 


Comments

Popular Posts