The Importance of Being Women of God in Community.


"We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you. We are not with holding our affection from you, but you are withholding yours from us. As a fair exchange- open wide your hearts also." 2 Corinthians 6:11-12.

I have felt the pull in my heart to go on mission for God, but I did not know where to start. A lot of times when I try to say yes to God in this way I feel as if I just need to move to Africa or some foreign country and help those in need. Whenever I think of this worries start to flood my mind. Thinking about living in a foreign country makes me automatically assume that all my dreams and hopes will never come true. I know this is black mail from the devil. In the end I leave feeling more discouraged than ever. We need to start somewhere. Make one change at some point. As women when we are in the word and encouraging one another I know that God can use us in amazing ways. He has given us a caring motherly heart, he gives us strength to endure hard times so we can make a difference. Me by myself sure I can encourage others and lead worship, and be involved in the church. Sure God can still sure use that. What I don't have is the willingness to be vulnerable. To say 'Hey, life is not going to well, I don't have peace or I can't forgive,' or whatever it is that I'm going going through. The most important way we can do ministry is being a community. Community takes vulnerability. Now you hear community but what does that look like?  Community is meeting someone for coffee or getting a group from school, work, church, etc.. and digging deeper in God. It is making it available to who ever and letting God move. Letting Him take it to the places he has planned. I know when the emotions of life come it is important to have people to support and love and to do the same for others. This past week God has shown me that when I start something He will blesses it and take it to places I never could of imagined. It starts with willingness.

Comments

Popular Posts