The power of the Resurrection



Jesus is the resurrection that gives us life both now and forevermore;
this compels my soul to follow Him wholeheartedly.

I came into this Easter busy and tired from school semester. I honestly, did not spend the time I normally do letting the Easter story soak into my heart. This morning as I was doing my devotion God changed my perspective on the power of the resurrection.


"Peace be with you, he said. As he spoke, he showed them the wounds in his hands and his side. They were filled with joy when they saw the Lord! Again he said, peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you." John 20: 19-21


What amazed me was in this moment of celebration, is Jesus did not stop with His glorification of coming back. He went on in that celebratory moment to give the disciples their mission. For us the resurrection does not just end in our freedom from sin. It does not just mean that we now get to have a relationship with God and spend eternity with him. Because of Jesus' resurrection, we called to spread the word. To follow Him.
      I was taken back, for most of my life I have spent almost every Easter being reminded of Jesus' glorious defeat of death which has set us free. Yet I never truly let it flow into the edges of my life. If we annually celebrate and remember the Resurrection, let us allow it to flow into each part of our hearts. I do not want to spend each Easter to just celebrate the crucifixion. I want it to yearly redefine the purpose of my life.
       I believe that Jesus' choose his reunion with the disciples for a reason. In this moment of celebration, there is this theme of letting it influence our actions. Our actions to spread the word was/ is just as important as celebrating and remembering the reason and foundation of the gospel. Jesus wanted to highlight it. I think to him our actions to evangelize is just as important as our celebration of the Easter story.  If we are truly free and healed through this death defying moment, then everyday should be a time of spreading the news. Every person we come across should know or be reminded of our glorious Father. I would challenge you to not let this Easter to just be a Sunday of remembrance and time with family.
    Let God use the Easter message to influence your week and year. To inspire you to live out what we profess as a church. Also let gospel heal the broken pieces of your life. God's grace means giving ourselves grace.  It also means only by Him can we have the words or courage to spread the gospel. Jesus is the resurrection that gives us life both now and forevermore, which compels my soul to follow Him wholeheartedly.

Comments

Popular Posts